By Christi Stone
Whether you are a young mom, experienced mom, single mom, a bonus mom, adopted mom, spiritual mom, or a grand mom...YOU ARE AMAZING!!! YOU are a super hero!!! Maybe not to the world, but to your children. Whether they show it or not and whether you see it or not.... YOU ARE THE BEES KNEES. This article is ALL about reminding you about the many traits GOD CELEBRATES ABOUT YOU that makes you an AMAZING MOM!
1. YOU are YOU. You are the only you there will ever be. That in and of itself is the most amazing trait about you can give your kids. Your kids don’t need you to be cool, trending in the latest trends or fashions, they just need you to be you. As moms, we can often forget how to be ourselves with our kids. When I stop and remember to share experiences with my kids, things I love with my kids, even things I can’t stand such as beets, it allows them the opportunity to get to know me, not just their mom….but me. Today, find time to sit with your kids and share with them five fun facts about you.
2. YOU are a MOM BOSS. Whether you are a working mom, stay at home mom, or anywhere in between, YOU are a mom boss. You are powerful and creative. Your ability to juggle the hats that moms wear from sports coach to school car pool is noticed and appreciated. No matter what you see in the day and what the day holds…you are a MOM BOSS and no one can do what you do.
3. YOU are VALUABLE. Sometimes we forget not just how valued we are but how valuable we are. YOU are valuable. Your value to your kids will not just impact their lives but the lives and generations they will become apart of, and it will be transformational.
4. YOU are BEAUTIFUL. You…messy hair, top knot or pony tail, with mascara on your cheeks. Yes, you! With that sweetness of spit up on your shirt and slippers on your feet. Yes, you. With your uniform on that saves lives, fights crime, puts out fires, serves yummy food. And yes, you. Who, bless your heart, is required to iron your clothes before work. Yes, you! The momprenuer that is paving a way at home to build an empire. No matter your environment during a day and the people you serve, YOU are beautiful. Your beauty radiates and penetrates. Your beauty is contagious. You may not see it but the world around you does.
5. YOU are the ATMOSPHERE. As moms we have the ability to create atmospheres and shape the environment that doesn’t just reside in our home but in our children’s hearts. You are a powerful influence in your child’s life and your atmosphere will not only become familiar with your child, but it will become influential for them. As a mom, their mom, you are the authority over the atmosphere in which covers your child. YOU ARE POWERFUL!!!! Never forget when life hands you situations or circumstances, the AUTHORITY you carry and the power you carry can change it.
6. YOU are HANDPICKED. Your children were handpicked for you and you for them. What resides in you is EXACTLY what they need. As moms we have ALL felt the dreaded two letter phrase. MOM GUILT. Yep. All of us. But here’s the revelation I recently discovered. I was HANDPICKED. Handpicked. Chosen. Called. Appointed. BY GOD. And because I was handpicked, chosen, called, and appointed by God, I realize I am exactly the mom for the job and mom guilt has no place in my home or in me. If you have ever struggled with mom guilt even just once…know you are HANDPICKED.
Truth is, I could go on and on about how amazing, anointed, called, and chosen you are for your kids because each of you are just that AWESOME. But what I really want to close this article with is...you are not alone. I am WITH you and FOR you. On the days where everything is amazing and just as it should be, I am celebrating you. And on the days that are less than amazing and you just wish you could figure things out, know I am championing you. But most of all, always know I am praying for you.
It takes a village and the village is us.
Christi is a wife and mom to six children through blended family. She attends and leads at Garden Valley Church in Roseburg, Oregon, is a published author, and founder of Just Be You Ministries. Her favorite drink is cold brew coffee and her favorite sweet treat is an old fashioned chocolate donut. She enjoys reading, traveling and hosting her friends and family at home. Check her out on Instagram and Facebook!